Call for Proposals: Stay Tuned for 2018 RCAF details!
GPC is proud to announce its 35th Annual Research & Creative Activities Forum (RCAF) which will take place in Spring 2018! This event offers an invaluable opportunity for students to showcase their academic projects in front of an audience of their professors, mentors, research colleagues, and visiting faculty from other institutions in Missouri.
Proposals are currently being accepted for presentation in nine categories
- Behavioral Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Creative Arts
- Engineering, Computer, and Information Sciences
- Health Sciences, Medicine, and Veterinary Medicine
- Physical Sciences
- Social Sciences (Qualitative)
- Social Sciences (Quantitative)
Proposals must be submitted by in early February. Applications, including a brief abstract, can be submitted via RCAF’s application site. Notification of Acceptance will be communicated in mid February. As with past events, cash prizes will be awarded to the top presentations in each category. First prize in each category will receive $200, second prize will receive $125, and third prize will receive $75.
For more information, please contact the RCAF Chair.
GPC has hosted the Research and Creative Activities Forum (RCAF) for more than 30 years as a way for students to showcase research and creative activities while providing valuable experience and feedback. Professors from across the state and within the MU community evaluate presentations, with cash prizes available for exceptional presentations
RCAF 2018 will take place in the MU Student Center in the Spring of 2018 with presentations at a date and time TBA. Accepted presenters are encouraged to invite spectators to their sessions. After the day’s presentations an RCAF Networking Cocktail Hour will be held for participants and judges in the Traditions Lounge of the MU Student Center. Immediately following, guests will gather for the RCAF Awards Banquet to honor all participating students and congratulate the top three placements in each category.
The 2018 RCAF Application will be made available in January 2018
Applications Accepted: Through early February
Notification of Acceptance: End of February.
RCAF 2018: TBA
- Presentation structure for each category is listed below.
- As with all professional conferences, there is an expectation that presenters will be active participants in other sessions and presentations.
- All presenters are required to attend the Networking & Cocktail hour as well as the Awards Banquet following the day’s events. Failure to attend these events will result in disqualification from the competition.
- Behavioral Sciences *
- Biological Sciences *
- Creative Arts **
- Engineering/Computer & Information Sciences*
- Health Sciences/ Medicine/ Veterinary Medicine*
- Humanities **
- Physical Sciences *
- Social Sciences/Law (Qualitative) *
- Social Sciences/Law (Quantitative) *
Presentation structure is as follows:
- 5 minutes set up time
- * 15 minutes presentation time
- **30 minutes presentation time
- 5 minutes for question and answer