About GPC Group Funding
Each month, the GPC General Assembly provides funding to events across campus that beneﬁt graduate and professional students. By increasing the visibility of these funding opportunities, GPC has set a record for both the number of organizations funded and the amount of funding provided.
- Events with a limited or restricted audience (graduate department organizations or graduate centered organizations) are eligible for up to $250.
- Events open to all graduate and professional students and which have broad interest are eligible for up to $600.
- Programs and events must be held on campus.
- Programs must be advertised and open to all graduate and professional students.
- Funding is only available for programming and publicity expenses (e.g. food, decorations, room rental, speaker fees, furniture/tablecloth rental, or print/digital advertisements).
- Types of programming considered include, but are not limited to: performances, lectures, seminars, workshops, information services, or service projects. Service projects must primarily benefit graduate and professional students.
- Funding will not be given unless the group gives a detailed description of how the award will be spent.
- Only one Group Funding Request may be submitted per student group per semester.
- All accepted requests must be presented to the General Assembly for consideration prior to the event being held.
- Funding cannot be used for gifts, scholarships, donations, or philanthropies.
- Programs that violate MU policies and regulations will not be funded.
- GPC will not fund fundraisers or events that generate a profit.
- Per GPC’s Bylaws, organizations wholly within a Represented Area that is not in “Good Standing” are not eligible for GPC group funding. See this page for the list of Represented Areas currently in Good Standing.
Funding can be denied:
- Denial of funds may be for reasons other than stated above.
- GPC is not required to give a reason for denials.
Start by filling out the application on MU Engage. Applications with a detailed budget attached are accepted electronically via e-mail: email@example.com. Members of the Finance Committee will review your application and provide their recommendations to the GPC Treasurer, who will contact you if the committee has further questions. As soon as all questions have been answered to the committee’s satisfaction, the Treasurer will let you know if your organization has been selected to appear before the GPC General Assembly to give a short presentation about your funding request.
- A representative of your organization submits a completed MU Engage application.
- The Treasurer and members of GPC’s Finance Committee will review the application.
- The committee discusses the application and decides to take any of the following actions:
- request more information
- research the group and program (i.e. validate information)
- request a group representative be added to a General Assembly meeting agenda for a funding request presentation
- request a group representative meet with the committee
- deny request for funds
- If invited by the Finance Committee to present at a GPC General Assembly, your representative will have five (5) minutes to present a professional PowerPoint presentation using the general funding presentation template.
- The General Assembly will have two (2) minutes to ask the representative questions.
- The representative will be asked to leave the room while the Finance Committee presents its recommendation and the General Assembly deliberates.
- The General Assembly will vote on the application.
- The Treasurer will inform the group representative of GPC’s decision.
- Applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- GPC encourages the submission of completed applications as early as possible in the semester.
- Funding requests must be received no later than by noon on the Tuesday immediately prior to the General Assembly meeting at which the funding request will be presented.
- Allow 1-2 weeks for processing of the application.
Contact GPC for More Information:
Location: Graduate Professional Council, 2500 MU Student Center