2013 Gold Chalk Awards
The Graduate Professional Council is pleased to announce the 2013
recipients of the Gold Chalk Award.
|Brad Desnoyer||College of Law|
|Timothy Evans||College of Veterinary Medicine|
|R. Wilson Freyermuth||College of Law|
|Robert Sharp||Interdisciplinary Plant Group|
|Carol Lazzaro-Weis||Romance Languages|
- Nominations Due: March 8th (5:00 pm) (Nominations are now closed)
- Winners Notified: April 1st
- Awards Banquet: April 22nd.
About the Gold Chalk Awards
The GPC Gold Chalk Awards are designed to recognize professors who have made significant contributions to the education and training of graduate and professional students. One person will be recognized from the Schools of Medicine, Law, the College of Veterinary Medicine, and from each of the Graduate School’s six academic divisions: Behavioral, Biological, Mathematical, Social, Physical Sciences, and Humanities. Awards will be presented at the annual Gold Chalk Award banquet. The Gold Chalk awards are open to all University Faculty who have not won the award previously.
GPC presents eight Gold Chalk Awards each year. One faculty member from the School of Medicine and the School of Law will be recognized. In addition, one faculty member from each of the Graduate School’s six divisions (behavioral science, biological science, mathematics, social sciences, physical sciences, and humanities) will also be recognized.
Selection of award recipients is made by the GPC Academic Affairs Committee. In the event there are no submissions in a given division or no applications are judged to sufficiently meet purpose of the award, the committee reserves the right to present additional awards to divisions with multiple deserving submissions. Incomplete applications will not be considered for the award.
Award winners will be notified via email no latter than April 1, 2013.
The Gold Chalk Award is open to all University of Missouri faculty who have not received the award previously.
Nominations may be submitted by any currently enrolled graduate or professional student or by any recognized student organization.
Nomination should be delivered to the GPC mailbox in the Center for Student Involvement (2500 MU Student Center) and should be clearly marked as Gold Chalk Award applications.
Nominations must be submitted no later than March 8th, 2013 at 5:00 PM.
The following materials must be submitted together. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- A completed 2013 Gold Chalk Award Nomination Form.
- A current copy of the nominee’s Curriculum Vitae. Work with graduate/professional students (e.g. coauthored papers) should be clearly marked.
- A typed, double-spaced nominating letter not longer than two pages. The letter should summarize the nominee’s qualifications and achievements, especially as they relate to the nominee’s dedication to graduate/professional student development, and should include any current research projects or internships undertaken by graduate students under the direction of the nominee.
- Two to four letters of support from current or former students, colleagues, and/or administrators. Letters of support should be typed, double-spaced, and not longer than two pages. No more than four letters for a nominee will be considered. In the event that more than four letters are submitted, four letters will be read at random and the remaining letters will be discarded without being read.
Questions and Further Information
Questions and requests for further information should be directed to Jake Wright, GPC Vice President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.